Update regarding Covid-19
The health and well-being of your pet, family, and our team members are top priority.
As the situation around the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we want to assure you we plan to remain open during our regular business hours.
- In order to fulfil our civic obligations whilst looking after our patients, we need to take measures not to contribute to the spread of the virus.
CalviaVet will be attending urgent cases that cannot be put off in the clinic, but taking measures to contain viral contamination as recommended by our veterinary governing body.
Note that we will be attending ONLY by pre-arranged appointments as of the 16th of March until further notice. We will do our best to resolve problems and enquiries and give advice over the phone where possible.
- When you arrive for your appointment, let us know you are here and then please WAIT OUTSIDE of the building if possible. A space of 2 meters must be maintained between you and any other people waiting.
We ask that only one person arrives with the pet and obviously, please do not leave your home if you are unwell.
ONLY PETS will be taken into the consultation rooms.
- We will provide HAND SANITISER gel to be used upon entering and leaving the clinic.
- We will be adopting EXTRA HYGIENE measures such as additional surface disinfection over and above our usual protocols, spraying of doors, handles and credit card machines, etc.
- Clients are welcome to come and purchase food or medications but we ask that you CALL AHEAD and order what you need by phone so as to shorten the time that you need to wait and make things more efficient. Please wait outside if the receptionist is attending somebody else, until she is free.
NOTE: THERE IS NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE THAT PETS CAN TRANSMIT COVID 19 BUT THEY CAN ACT AS CONTAMINATED SURFACES AND HARBOUR VIRUS ON THEIR COATS AS WELL AS COLLARS AND LEADS IF THEY HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH AN INFECTED PERSON.
Many thanks for your understanding